Offering Help

Offering Help

Topik Pilihan:
Price:

Read more

Offering Help


There are a number of formulas used when offering help in English. Here are some of the most common:

· May I help you?

· Can I help you?

· Are you looking for something?

· Would you like some help?

· Do you need some help?

· What can I do for you today?

· Could I help you?

· How can I be of assistance to you?

· How can I be of help to you?

· What can I help you - What can I do for you?

· How can I assist you?

· How can I help you?

· Let me help you?

· Do you want me to help you?

· Shall I …?

Respond offering help

Receiving

· Yes please, Sure,

· Why not,

· Of course,

· Certainly,

· I’d love to,

· It’s a good idea,

· That’s great.

Refusing

· No, thanks,

· Please don’t bother,

· I’d love to but…,

· That’s great but…


Some ways to offering help for meals and drinks:

· Would you like…?,

· Would you care for …?,

· Why don’t you have…?,

· How about having …?

· May I offer you …?



Example:

A:   Would you like some bread?
B:   Yes, please.


A:   Would you care for some coffee?
B:   No, thanks. I don’t drink coffee.


A:   Why don’t you have some biscuit, please?
B:   Thanks, I’d love to.